Region: Upper Rio Grande
Coordination Goal: Improve and increase public transportation services
- Further assess regional needs through outreach and planning activities with public sector, private sector, and non-profit sector stakeholders.
- RTPO formation.
- Develop partnerships with educational institutions, employers, businesses
- Approach businesses and churches for potential public-private partnerships to fund additional services/amenities (funding/finance)
- Research benefits/disadvantages of CDL license vs non-CDL license service. Based on results, conduct feasibility study on switch from larger vehicles to more numerous smaller vehicles
- Use pop-up/outreach events/opportunities to further gauge interest in increased rural demand service
- Continue development of bus app (OneBusAway, or OBA) to let passengers track vehicles and better time their rides / activities
- Review and upgrade operations software as needed
- Research potential future service additions including (but not limited to): On-demand response service/micro-transit; Trams/light rail; Victoria express routes; Promise Pointe route; Regional commuter routes
- Continue to search for volunteer organizations to partner with for the “Choose My Ride” Program
- Implement call and text reminders for those that have reserved trips in advance
Region: West Central Texas
Coordination Goal: Enable the region’s public and human service providers to provide a longer span of service
- Improve the level of service and span of existing providers