Region: Middle Rio Grande
Coordination Goal: Develop and market a centralized information system regarding transportation for transit-related requests among urban and rural providers
- Redesign service information materials (including brochures, website, etc., especially TRAX and All Aboard America).
- Prepare and implement an 18 to 24 month Marketing Plan. Goal: Establish and maintain public awareness of all transportation services available within the project area.
- Introduce a single toll-free number for TRAX ride reservations.
- Create a one-stop call center covering the 22-county region, inclusive of an online platofrm where you can view all transportation services available in a county or area.
Coordination Goal: Maintain broad public knowledge of transit and social services throughout the six-county region.
- Encourage adoption of smart phone technology that uses trip data analytics to improve connectivity and real-time communications with consumers and thus improve passenger readiness and pickup efficiency.
- Maintain www.gobusgo.org web site to inform the public about WTEP’s vision, mission, goals, operating objectives, and related activities.
- Conduct or participate in forums, seminars, community fairs or other means to inform the public about transportation and social service programs and events within the region.
- Support transit consumer education programs that inform recipients of services about their responsibilities as passengers.
- Inform policy makers about WTEP events and activities through presentations at board of directors’ meetings (City Councils, Commissioners Courts, MPO, COG, etc.).
- Update and continue supporting a multiagency marketing plan to promotes services offered by member organizations.
Coordination Goal: Facilitating the inclusion of Transit Services Provider information into the DETCOG Region 2-1-1 HHS referral database.
- Work with 2-1-1 to ensure completion of system.
- Work with health and humanservice providers to stress the importance of being a part of the 2-1-1 system.
- Inform and educate residents of the Region about the system to encourage use.
Region: Golden Crescent
Coordination Goal: Develop a website that would provide transportation information to priority population groups.
- Establish transportation coordination, both rural and urban, by developing an informational website that would be an easy-to-use resource connecting users with a variety of transportation services in the southeast Texas region. This would include information about public transportation, taxi services, Uber and Lyft services, paratransit, non-profit organizations, Carpool South East Texas, and others.