Region: Coastal Bend
Coordination Goal: Establish planning processes and goals for the City of Del Rio in order to be prepared for becoming an UZA at the next Census
- Develop more mobility management to address the needs in Val Verde county.
- Develop traveling training program and coordinate with SWART.
- " Implement transit planning processes into the City of Del Rio’s planning documents."
Coordination Goal: Conduct Ongoing Assessment of Transportation Needs and Services in the Region
- No strategy tied to the goal.
Coordination Goal: Implement Strategies to Meet Needs, Improve Service, and Generate Higher Ridership
- Plan and implement on-demand microtransit services.
Region: Heart of Texas
Coordination Goal: Plan and Develop Transportation Options by Assessing Community Need and Challenges
- Conduct planning activities to further identify public transportation needs of residents outside of existing transportation authorities and define additional coordination opportunities for existing providers
- Develop potential connections from commuter bus lines to light rail service
- Invest in programs to assist with filling gaps in public transportation and facilitate service for work-related trips
- Invest in programs that facilitate transportation trips to medical and healthcare appointments
- Launch a mobility toolbox to educate on and promote public transportation options such as fixed route, demand-respond, ondemand services, etc.
Coordination Goal: Support Public Transportation Recovery and Growth
- Promote safe and healthy practices on public transportation services
- Implement plans to safely return to shared mobility options so that vehicles can carry multiple riders in one trip
- Explore sources of local revenue for public transportation through partnerships, sponsorships, and contracting for service
- Advocate to integrate funding sources to maximize efficiency and increase availability of affordable public transportation options
- Partner with organizations to coordinate training and recruitment for future public transportation professionals and create pipelines with area schools
- Establish driver recruitment and retention programs for public transportation services to address difficulties in retaining drivers
Region: Capital Area
Coordination Goal: Continue to Identify unmet needs in the region
- No strategy tied to the goal